Mass spectometry identification system
- Identification within minutes
- Extremely simple workflow
- High performances
Benötigen Sie weitere Informationen?
With the VITEK® MS IND MALDI TOF mass spectrometry system, discover the latest technology for microbial identification and get reliable results within minutes.
Extremely fast identification with efficient workflow
Revolutionizing microbial identification with incredibly short time-to-result, the VITEK MS system is extremely easy to use, requires minimal reagents while optimizing workflow.
VITEK MS database : the pillars for high performance
The system database contains a large number of specific microorganisms for the food industry, increasing identification accuracy.
- Species represented by population : specific species’ characteristics can be revealed
- Average of 18 isolates per species from different fields (clinical, food and pharma) and geographical origins (Asia, America, Europe)
- Average of 40 spectra per species : several culture media and instruments
Benefits of the VITEK MS identification system
State-of-the-art system, VITEK MS is the future of microbial identification :
- Extremely short time-to-result: a few minutes for a reliable result
- High throughput : capability to identify up to 192 isolates per run
- Less hands-on time : simpler workflow
- Easy to use : no gram staining and microscopic observation is required
- Fast and flexible method : multiple users can prepare samples simultaneously to save time
- High performing identification : no need to outsource routine identifications to costly laboratories
- Informative and easy to read results
- Traceability : slides are barcoded and software is easy-to-use
Mass spectrometry for microbial identification : the MALDI-TOF technology
The VITEK® MS system relies on mass spectrometry, an analytical technique which determines the elemental composition of a sample. It is the latest technology for microbial identification.
MALDI-TOF : Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization – Time of Flight analyzer
To perform identification, the sample to be analyzed is mixed with another compound : the matrix.
When the mixture is applied to a metal plate and irradiated with a laser, the matrix vaporizes and the sample gains an electrical charge, whose mass-to-charge ratio is measured.
To identify microorganisms, the VITEK MS:
- Ionizes the sample thanks to matrix and laser reaction
- Uses an electric field to accelerate the ions through the same potential
- Measures the time they take to reach the detector – Time of Flight
- Spectrum is sent and compared to a database
The VITEK MS PLUS option enables you to :
- Build your very own customized database
- Use this database for your research work
Find out more on the VITEK® MS range for food applications on our e-catalogue